Your security is our priority. That means addressing anti-social behaviour and organised crime in the area. We fund a dedicated Community Safety Team and work closely with the Metropolitan Police and Westminster City Council to share vital intelligence so that we can help keep Paddington a safe place to live, work and visit.
PaddingtonNow BID has put measures in place to help ensure the safety of people in Paddington, they are as follows:
- We fund a Community Safety Team who are dedicated to patrolling the PaddingtonNow BID area 5 days a week, from Tuesday to Saturday, from 12 noon to 10pm
- We support the Paddington Counter Terrorism & Security Zone in conjunction with Counter Terrorism Officers and Westminster Council
- We deliver bespoke training for frontline staff covering security, managing aggressive behaviour and identifying and dealing with fraud, for businesses in retail and hospitality.
- We champion causes and lobby for action through Police and Council advisory groups
The Community Safety Team have extensive security experience. They will pay regular visits to local businesses to gain a deeper understanding of the areas security needs, report environmental issues and are also happy to offer location advice to people visiting the area.
To contact the street team please ring 07776 256513 or 07775 751176 to speak to a team member directly or email email@example.com
Please call 999 for urgent assistance or 101 to report non-urgent crime.
We have run some very successful training and information programmes for our businesses:
- Human Trafficking & Fraudulent Police Officers: How to spot the signs and what to do
- Griffin Training: the national counter terrorism awareness initiative for business produced by NaCTSO to protect our cities and communities from the threat of terrorism.
- Action Counter Terrorism (ACT) training for all businesses.
Pubwatch is a local scheme which brings together licensed premises managers and owners to promote and share best practice when tackling day to day external safety challenges. Its aim is to achieve a safer environment in all licensed premises in the Paddington area. The importance of working together, learning from each other and promoting local partnerships is invaluable in securing a safe night time economy for all.
For more information, to join our Pubwatch or the Paddington Counter Terrorism & Security Zone, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3145 1212 for an informal chat.