Transport for London Hygiene and Safety Measures
20 July 2020
As shops, pubs, restaurants and other venues begin to open across London as lockdown restrictions are gradually eased, TfL has been carrying out extensive cleaning and hygiene measures that have been introduced across their network.
TfL is using hospital-grade anti-viral cleaning products, that kill viruses and bacteria on contact, and protect for up to 30 days, in all public areas across the network.
Key interchanges are being cleaned throughout the day and there is an enhanced regime across their entire fleet of Tubes, trains, trams and buses to ensure surfaces, such as poles, handles and doors that are regularly touched, are clean.
If you are travelling, follow these safety and hygiene measures. They help protect you and everyone else on the transport network.
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth
- Keep 2 metres apart from others where possible
- Follow signs, listen to announcements and pay attention to our staff
- Wash your hands before and after your journey
- Carry hand sanitiser or use sanitiser points at stations
- Use contactless or Oyster to pay for your travel
- Follow government advice for safer travel and check the safer travel information sheet
For more details please check the TfL website.