Step Up To The Plate and Stop Food Waste Workshop
29 May 2019
On behalf of WRAP, PaddingtonNow BID invites hospitality and food service businesses in Paddington to participate in the TRiFOCAL project workshop on Thursday 20 June.
‘Step up to the plate and stop food waste – It’s happening in your business’
Join food waste industry experts for an insightful free workshop and learn all about solutions to monitoring and measuring food waste.
Find out how to tackle the food waste challenges facing your business today and how you can implement quick and easy steps to save money for the day to day running of your business.
Receive the tools and support you need to effectively measure and monitor food waste in your business and get ahead for the Government’s mandatory food waste reporting consultation due to be released in the coming months.
The workshop takes place in central London, 6 minutes walk from Euston station. The workshop will take place in the morning with expert appointments available throughout the afternoon. Book early to secure your slot!
How is this different from other events?
• Participating businesses will be asked to provide data ahead of the event so that the workshop and 1-to-1 sessions can be tailored to your business needs.
• The workshop will be tailored to tackling the food waste challenges in your business.
• Receive 1-to-1 support from WRAP’s HaFS expert to help you put together a bespoke action plan for your business.
• The workshop is free of charge for businesses that commit to taking action on measuring and monitoring food waste.
• The support doesn’t end at the end of the workshop! Businesses will be supported throughout their measuring & monitoring period and offered the opportunity to be in a published case study to showcase their food waste journey.
• Recognition and publicity for your achievements as part of the Guardians of Grub Month of action in late September.
We’re looking forward to telling you more about the event and seeing you there!
This event is funded by TRiFOCAL which is an EU LIFE funded project aiming to reduce food waste, increase recycling of inedible food and encourage healthy sustainable eating. WRAP is the lead partner of the TRiFOCAL project.
DRAFT AGENDA 9:30 – 12:30 / Workshop
9:30 – 10:30 Industry insight
– Food waste: A global issue
– UK in action
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:00 Workshop: Food waste impact on businesses
– Businesses challenges and impact
– Solutions to food waste
12:00 – 12:30 Improving the bottom line by using proven tools to reduce food waste
– Case studies – The Roebuck
– Why implement the campaign?
– Campaign benefits
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch and networking
13:00 to 17:00 / Pre-booked one to ones with Pete Rayner* *Appointment slots will be available once registration opens on 22nd May 2019
Please note that two other WRAP events aimed at HaFS businesses will take place in the afternoon. If you would like to find out more about or register for these sessions, please contact TRiFOCAL@wrap.org.uk.