Latest Government Measures: 22 September 2020
23 September 2020
On 22 September the Prime Minister announced a new set of measures to try to combat the rise in positive covid tests as the second wave of the Coronavirus pandemic takes hold.
From Thursday 24 September 2020, new measures will be enforced which may impact your business:
- All hospitality venues must operate with table service only, excluding takeaways.
- Face coverings must be worn by staff and customers all in retail settings, taxis and indoor hospitality venues (except where seated at a table to eat or drink).
- Hospitality venues must close at 10pm.
- COVID-secure guidelines will become a legal requirement in retail and leisure sectors.
- If you can work from home, then you should do so.
- Business conferences, exhibitions and large sporting events will no longer go ahead.
This is further to the new venue requirements announced a week prior:
- Venues must enforce social distancing and the Rule of 6.
- Customer contact details must be recorded.
- From Thursday, businesses must display NHS QR code posters.
For more information on the latest Government guidance and safety measures please visit here.