Paddington Bakerloo Line Ticket Hall
18 February 2020
Paddington Square, a new public space with offices, shops, restaurants and a public square is well underway and set to transform the future of Paddington.
The work at Paddington Tube station will create:
- A new, larger Bakerloo ticket hall
- Step-free access between the Bakerloo line and street level
Part of the existing ticket hall must be closed while the new one is built. Space will be limited so we will restrict entry to the Bakerloo line platforms at busy times and the Bakerloo entrance on Praed Street is closed.
Until summer 2020
- The entrance near National Rail platform 12 is only for entry to the Bakerloo line. It is closed at weekends
- All access to the Bakerloo line is via the entrance near National Rail platform 12 and all exit is via the main ticket hall near National Rail platforms 3 & 4 on weekdays 07:00-10:00 and 16:00-19:30
- At all other times, you can access the Bakerloo line via the main entrance opposite National Rail platforms 3 & 4
- The ticket gates have been removed – remember to touch in on the temporary readers
- You can’t buy a ticket or top up in the Bakerloo ticket hall. Switch to contactless and there’s no need to top up. Or you can top up your Oyster card online, using the TfL app or at nearby ticket machines
- The station will be exceptionally busy, and we may use a managed queuing system. Please avoid the busiest times if you can and allow extra time for your journeys
From summer 2020, as work progresses and the work site becomes bigger, we may need to further restrict access to the Bakerloo line at peak times.
TFL are working with Network Rail and the train operating companies to minimise the impact on journeys during this improvement work.