Easing Lockdown Stay Alert
14 May 2020
The Government has announced changes to lockdown measures which started on Wednesday 13 May. In order to protect yourselves, members of your family, the most vulnerable in our community and the key workers that care for them, it’s crucial that we all continue to:
- Stay Alert ✓ by staying at home as much as possible
- Stay Alert ✓ by working from home if you can
- Stay Alert ✓ by keeping your distance if you go out (2m apart where possible)
- Stay Alert ✓ by limiting your contact with other people
- Stay Alert ✓ by washing your hands regularly
If you live with anyone who is displaying symptoms then you must stay at home. If you are unsure of what has changed and what you can and can’t do, please click here for a list of the Government’s frequently asked questions.
Guidance has been published for those who have to use public transport, advising passengers on how to travel safely. When considering future potential journeys people are being encouraged to travel by foot or cycle if possible and to shop local. This is to help ensure there is enough safe capacity for those who need to travel on public transport to do so safely. Visit the TFL website for support for those who need to travel.